The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chef de Partie
The Only Place To Pursue Your Career Welcome to Marriott International, Inc. You have found the perfect place to pursue your professional career. Ready to be challenged? Ready to achieve and to be recognized? You're on the road to success and we invite you to explore our established, global company full of people going places. Marriott is the only place you'll find it all. An essential function of our success is our people - the associates- whose diverse cultures and backgrounds are the essence of our vision to better serve the needs of our customers around the world. Marriott's commitment to global diversity is absolute. We are actively recruiting Senior Managers and Associates for the following positions. We are looking for candidates who can ensure the guests discover the grace and color of our intimate Grand Cayman experience and to take what is already great service, to new levels! Our goal is to create a sense of luxury and hospitality that is overwhelming from the guests’ arrival to the time they leave our stunning, newly renovated property. If you feel you have what it takes to help us create the ultimate guest experience, come by our Human Resources Department on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am to 12pm to apply or click apply below
Our Chefs take pride in their culinary expertise, preparing excellent food and beverage options for our guests to enjoy.
The main role of the Chef de Partie is preparation of daily mise-en-place of the station, monitor and maintain cleanliness and rectify any deficiencies, use FIFO processes, assist management with scheduling, ordering, evaluating, coaching and motivating, and serve as a role model for the team of Cooks and Assistant Cooks.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods, with interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Previous experience of 3 years in Culinary, with a minimum of 1 year in the same position, in any major hotel chain or restaurant, with a thorough knowledge of culinary operations including food safety, health and sanitation standards strictly according to local health regulations.
- Candidates must be able to work a flexible shift including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.