The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Chemist to to join the Laboratory team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Superintendent, this position is accountable for:
- Providing technical and analytical support to the laboratory operations to ensure continued medium to long-term technical advancement of the department;
- Maintaining a close working relationship with production and mining to ensure up-to-date knowledge of plant chemical processes and to initiate and assist in investigative work to resolve process related issues;
- Contributing to the effective use of equipment, materials and people by supporting instrumental and method development and troubleshooting;
- Collaborating with bauxite/alumina analytical labs worldwide to exchange ideas on analytical methods to enhance process understanding and standardization;
- Addressing safety, industrial hygiene and environmental concerns, as well as promoting safety consciousness among fellow employees, particularly in equipment and laboratory process operation.
Qualification and Experience
The incumbent should possess:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Chemistry or a related discipline with at least three (3) years working experience in analytical chemistry;
- Strong leadership skills in safety, technical, quality and human relations;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and required Laboratory software;
- Proficiency in technical data analysis;
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to influence, persuade and motivate others;
- Excellent team dynamics.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.