The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Executive Officer
Job SummaryThe CEO is also responsible for the successful management and leadership of the organization according to the direction set by the board.
This job is responsible for the planning, coordinating and overseeing of the effective and efficient delivery of Health Care. This is accomplished through the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan, translating the vision of the organization into deliverables, building a culture that is conducive to the delivery of the organization’s objectives, leading the senior team, and developing and implementing the organization’s budget and business plan.
The holder of this position is expected to deliver the following:
- Vision and strategic plan/operational plan are developed in collaboration with the Board of Directors to guide the organization in the achievement of its objectives/purpose.
- Effective teamwork between the Board of Directors and the CEO, and the CEO and the staff is fostered and assessed at intervals to determine the robustness of teamwork in the company.
- Medical and Health Services are delivered through the integration of health care delivery systems, and technological innovation in an increasing complex regulatory environment.
Community Relations and Advocacy:
- Stakeholders are communicated with to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes, which can impact the communities served by the Tobago Regional Health Authority.
- Working relationships and collaborative arrangements with other Regional Health Authorities, community groups, business leaders, and other organizations that are established to assist in achieving the goals of the organization.
Operational Planning and Management:
- Operational plan, which incorporates goals and objectives is developed and implemented. This must be aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Operating objectives and budgets, and the creation of an overall system for the efficient delivery of medical services are developed and executed.
- Policies are drafted for the approval of the Board of Directors, and procedures are prepared for the implementation of these policies. The existing policies are to be reviewed with the aim of achieving continuous improvement.
Human Resources Planning and Management:
- Resource requirements are determined for the Tobago Regional Health Authority in alignment with the strategic plan and the Annual Service Agreement.
- Decisiveness in decisions related to staff complement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness as well as ensuring that policies and procedures are followed in relation to staff disciplinary action, recruitment and separation.
- Performance process for all staff, which includes monitoring the performance of all staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review of the business as well as all first line reports.
Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile, and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that his/herown behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Speak, Listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and technology.
Focus on Client Needs
Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organization’s parameters.
Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear, decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization.
Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities, comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions. Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develop appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Planning and Organizing:
Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results.
Assess actions and options based on trends and conditions in the environment, and vision and values of the organization.
- Specialized training in Health Sector Management as evidenced by postgraduate study in the field such as a Master’s degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration or Public Health with a focus on Health Policy and Management. Certification in Health Care or Health Sector Management will be an asset.
- At least ten years’ experience in the health sector, five or more which should have been at asenior management level. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences or Management
Unsuitable Applications Will Not Be Acknowledged.