The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Financial Officer
Job SummaryResponsible for overseeing accounting functions & financial management. Must be detail oriented & have a hands-on approach to leadership & management, an effective communicator with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
1. Oversee and assist all staff of the Accounting Department with their tasks and coordinate the workload of the Department towards efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Oversee the accounting and financial management of the business, including daily, weekly and monthly accounting and financial reporting as well as the preparation and review of annual financial statements and filing of annual tax returns.
3. Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
4. Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
5. Provide strategic management support to the CEO and MDs with respect to operational and financial analysis, as well as planning and administration.
6. Identify areas of opportunity for cost reduction and profit enhancements.
7. Maintain banking relations and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
8. Assist in legal contract reviews and general auditing and review of the operations of all Departments.
9. Assist in developing procedures and policies to form standard operating procedures for various functions throughout the company.
10. Performs additional duties, including special business projects and analyses, as requested by the CEO and MDs.
1. Professional Certification: CPA, ACCA or equivalent
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
3. At least three (3) years experience in a similar role or five (5) years experience in a senior financial accounting role.