The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Information Officer
Job SummaryThe Chief Information Officer (CIO) will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the affiliate-wide information technology programme.
He/she will lead the UDC in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations. In addition, the CIO will direct and manage computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, programmes and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- At least ten (10) years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations. Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including email, data, off site retention.
- Superior understanding of the Corporation’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.