The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Knowledge and Talent Management Officer
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of programs that are aligned with the Talent and Knowledge Management goals and objectives of the public sector so as to provide positive operational and functional outcomes.
The incumbent will be responsible to research, analyse and maintain relevant job related data for employment planning, human resource development and knowledge/information management for improved performance and productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts workforce planning research and insight to identify the most optimal sources of needed talent in the public sector;
- Assists with the processes involving the Government of Jamaica’s (GOJ) Scholarships and Assistance Programmes and Bonding and Compliance Programmes;
- Reviews and makes policy recommendations to the Senior Director of Workforce Planning and Improvement on issues affecting the implementation of scholarship and assistance programmes;
- Performs collaborative processes involving the development and implementation of succession planning, leadership development and talent management in the public service
- Develops policies and procedures that align talent management plans with the business goals/objectives of the MDAs;
- Develops policies and procedures for the management of the public sector employee census and skills bank;
- Promotes knowledge sharing by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems;
- Develops policies and procedures for capturing, sharing and using organisational knowledge for improved performance;
- Develops policies and guidelines/framework for organising, representing and accessing content and expertise for knowledge sharing;
- Implements systems to establish strong relationships with subject matter experts, specialists and practitioners for effective knowledge sharing;
- Helps to develop programmes to capture, encode and present expert (specialized) knowledge in repositories/databases;
- Develops protocols for information access and dissemination;
- Engages with public and private sector entities to assist in the development of programmes for the cross fertilization and transference of skills aimed at strengthening the public service;
- Conducts cost benefit analysis activities relating to Knowledge and Talent Management;
- Determines Talent Management individuals for prioritization and development through execution workshops to facilitate evaluation, selection and negotiation processes on behalf of Training. Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Talent Management strategies.
- Working knowledge of succession planning.
- Understanding of scholarship administration and donor programmes
- Understanding of knowledge and information management.
- Ability to conduct research and interpret findings.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Computer literate in the relevant computer software.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Sector Management, Human Resource Management or equivalent qualifications with three (3) years’ related experience.
- Specialized training in Knowledge and Talent Management would be an asset. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or equivalent qualifications with five (5) years’ related experience.
- Specialized training in Knowledge and Talent Management would be an asset.
Salary: $2,593,142 - $ 3,007,250 per annum Travelling $ 1,341,624.00 per annum
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.