The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Clinical Dietitian at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements nutrition care plans for patients at nutrition risk, for patients receiving therapeutic diets and for patients with complex medical conditions. Communicates nutrition status and goals to the health care team and diet office staff as appropriate
- Documents nutrition care intervention in the patient's clinical record. Provides referring physician for outpatients with written communication on nutritional intervention provided
- Monitors patient's progress for efficacy of nutritional intervention, provides reassessment of nutritional status, and adjusts nutrition care plan according to established protocols
- Responds to nutrition consults from physicians and the health care team and initiates the nutrition care process
- Participates in relevant hospital committees, project teams and hospital community activities, where input from Clinical Dietitians is desirable and to enhance nutrition awareness, care and services
- Enhances professional development through participating and assisting in hospital-wide programmes and in the Continuing Education Programmes for Clinical Dietetic/Staff, including selection, reviewing and presentation of professional material with special responsibility for specialty area served (E.g.: Diabetes, Cardiology, Surgery, Renal, HIV, Critical care, Gerontology, etc.)
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required with a major in Nutrition/Dietetics
- General or Clinical Internship from an accredited hospital certified by the American, Canadian or British Dietetic Association or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year post intern experience in a clinical hospital setting, within the past three years desired (must be certified in the jurisdiction of training)
- Local registration to practice with the Council for Allied Health Professions (CAHP)
Schedule: 35 hours per week / Weekends when required