The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Clinical Psychologist (HPC/ALH 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Clinical Psychologist (HPC/ALH 1), Western Regional Health Authority.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Clinical Psychologist. Reporting to the Regional Psychologist, the incumbent will be expected to identify and diagnose psychological, emotional and behavioral issues and to develop and implement treatment plans that would guide the therapeutic processes. The officer will liaise with various departments and external agencies to provide adequate support to the Mental Health Unit.
- Conducting standardized assessments of children, adolescents and adults.
- Assessing neuropsychological functioning and treatment of neuropsychological disorders.
- Diagnosing and treating mental and emotional disorders.
- Devising and implementing interventions at individual, group and systemic levels.
- Delivering a range of effective psychological therapies to child, adolescent and adult populations experiencing psychological and or psychiatric disorders.
- Providing full forensic psychological services to individuals referred through the Corrections, Courts and Children’s Services.
- Initiating and contributing to the research activities of the service.
Qualification & Experience:
- M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology with significant clinical training from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two (2) years post-qualification experience
- Current registration with the Council for Professionals Supplementary to Medicine
- Member of the Jamaica Psychological Association
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working Knowledge of referral agencies
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.