The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Commis Chef 3
Job SummaryThe Commis Chef 3 assists the Sous Chef in heavy production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet cooking, dining room, and fine dining.
The Commis Chef 3 should maintain a passive leadership role in maintaining adequate production level form the Kitchen staff.
- Assuming the duties of the appropriate Kitchen Department heads in their absence.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the Dining Room, Fine Dining Room, cafeteria and banquets.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen area.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular functions for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilizing all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty with banquets and/or conference dining dish out for food service. Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule. Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.