The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Commis Chef II
Job SummaryThe Commis Chef II assists the Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Training, & Work Experience
- Two years experience in heavy volume food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular function for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilize all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty on banquet and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.