The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for Engineering, Documenting and integrating all Communications Systems for the AUTEC project
- Cryptographic Systems and Handling of Classified Material
- Digital Intercom Systems
- Secure Wireless Networks
- Tactical Radio System including LMR system (Base Stations/Repeaters)
- Telephone Systems (PBX) including sub-systems (Voice Mail & Call Accounting)
- Multiplexers (TDMA)
- Fiber Optic and Copper Cable Plants/Infrastructure
- CATV Systems and Distribution Networks
- Vertical & Horizontal Backbone Topologies and associated standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Communication Engineering or equivalent experience (Military or Commercial)
- Ten years related experience working in Communication Electronics environment.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to department technicians
- Experience with RF,HF,VHF,UHF Satellite and Microwave theory
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of complex Communication Systems
- Ability to perform preventive and corrective equipment maintenance
- Perform authorized modifications, preventative maintenance, and final testing of equipment
- Task oriented and detailed focused
- Works well with no supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Lift/carry/push up to 45 pounds
- Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks on moving vessels
- Vision is required corrected to 20/20 and distinguish colors to perform technical tasks.
- Promina 800 Multiplexers, AVAYA CM6 digital telephone switch, Clearcom Eclipse digital audio switch preferred
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.