The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Communications & Lab Services Tech III
Job SummaryResponsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and the installation of a variety of complex Communication & Tracking Systems installed throughout the AUTEC project, and at CONUS sites as required.
Principal Responsibilities of the Classification:
- Perform in depth troubleshooting of electronic equipment to component level and complete and documents repairs.
- Utilize antenna testers, WATT Meters, VOMs, pulse generators, Communications Test Sets, dynamic signal analyzers and other various test equipment
- Trains lower-level techs as required
- Install and verify operation of electronic tracking devices aboard U.S. Navy vessels and aircraft.
- Perform Administrative actions and maintenance of PBX.
- Perform installation of Telephones and CATV drops.
- Assist in new equipment installation and Operational Acceptance Testing.
- Able to maintain shipboard communications installations.
- Performs analysis of equipment and systems on a daily basis to assess performance.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spares inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Perform on Call Communications duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics or military electronics training or the equivalent in additional experience on a two year experience for one year education exchange basis.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in installation, repair and maintenance of complex Communications systems and subsystems required.
- Minimum five years related experience working in electronics technology environment with extensive training in a specialty field.
- Must be able to work aboard ships at sea.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment. Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks.
- Ability to distinguish basic colors codes for communications cables.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with test equipment required for in-depth analysis of equipment and systems.
- PC literate to maintain data bases creates spreadsheets and word processing skills required.
- Prior experience in Crypto installation and repair. To include KY-58, KG-175 and KIV-7.
- Digital Microwave maintenance and operations.
- Digital Multiplex, PROMINA, maintenance and operation experience.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- Valid Driver’s License and passport required.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.