The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Communications, Outreach and Events Contractual
Job SummaryThe aim of this consultancy is to support the strategic positioning of IDB Barbados Country Office through external communication with stakeholders and partners.
The aim of this consultancy is to support the strategic positioning of IDB Barbados Country Office through external communication with stakeholders and partners, to establish solid networks of partnership and to maximize the outreach of the Bank in Barbados through the organization and coordination of events.
This consultancy has responsibility for developing, managing, co-coordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on an on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting the dissemination of IDB work, as well as to support for IDB’s mission and priorities in Barbados.
The selected candidate will perform the following activities:
- Develop, maintain and update media relations contact list/database.
- Establish, document, review and refine the process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, issuing of media materials etc.
- Assure effective internal communication to all CBA personnel, with daily news digest and reports as requested.
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, National Committees, NGOs, the field and other appropriate audiences.
- Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate a variety of media materials in multiple, appropriate formats (Press releases, feature stories).
Outreach and Partnerships
- Develop, maintain and update partners contact list/database.
- Help establish, document, review and refine process of working collaboratively with partners, including meetings, joint projects, information sharing etc.
- Ensure or enhance the quality, consistency and appropriateness of country-specific communication materials, activities, processes and messages shared with partners.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity of partners through appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to information, supplies and equipment and through knowledge sharing.
- Organize and coordinate CBA events, including internal CBA events as well as external in partnership with other stakeholders with attention to the necessary protocol.
- Coordinate with the Resource Planning and Administration Specialist (RPA) for budget and other administrative topics regarding events coordination.
- Support and follow up the organization of trips, visits and other initiatives of CBA with both internal and external individuals and organizations.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Media Relations, Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related studies and a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in the sector of communications, outreach and events organization.
- Language: English; Spanish will be a plus. Solid written and oral communications skills, with advanced review abilities.
- Areas of Expertise: Advanced skills in graphic design, and desktop publishing. Ability to produce a wide range of communication reports, including infographics, presentations, videos, etc
Characteristics of the Consultancy
- Consultancy Category & Modality: Temporary Term Consultancy – TTC, Monthly
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Place of Work: IDB Barbados Country Office
- Supervisor: Chief of Operations, Country Office Barbados.
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.