The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Communications Tech II
Job SummaryResponsible for operating, troubleshooting, repairing, installation and testing a variety of complex Communication Systems installed throughout the Site One and Downrange Site located on the AUTEC project.
Perform detailed testing procedures to diagnose causes of equipment malfunction for the AUTEC Project.
- Perform Administrative actions and maintenance of PBX.
- Perform installation of Telephones and CATV drops.
- Assist in new equipment installation and Operational Acceptance Testing.
- Perform authorized modification, final testing and maintenance of equipment
- Perform on Call Communications duties.
- Be able to work on Shipboard communications installations.
- Performs analysis of equipment and systems on a daily basis to assess performance.
- Identifies failures, determines and initiates action to rectify.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spare inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Documents, repairs, troubleshoots and maintains assigned equipment and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics or military electronics training or the equivalent in additional experience on a two year experience for one year education exchange basis.
- At least five (5) years experience in installation, repair and maintenance of complex Communications systems and subsystems required.
- Proficient with test equipment required for in-depth analysis of equipment and systems.
- PC literate to maintain data bases creates spreadsheets and word processing skills required.
- Able to perform Administrative functions and Programming of PBX.
- Digital Multiplex, PROMINA, and microwave maintenance and operation.
- HF/ VHF/ UHF radio installation, maintenance and operation.
- Must be able to work aboard ships at sea.
- Present neat, clean appearance to work in military environment.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment. Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks.
- Requires an attention to detail.
- Ability to distinguish basic colors codes for communications cables.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.