The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Community Relations Officer
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Community Relations Officer in the Corporate Services Department at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Corporate Services Manager, this position is accountable for:
- Maintaining strong relations with all communities adjacent to the operating locations, with main focus being the Mines, Refinery and Port communities.
- Maintaining harmonious community relations particularly in the communities adjacent to the operating locations, with main focus on the Mines, Refinery and Port communities or any other communities assigned.
- Designing, implementing and supervising community projects within budget and schedule.
- Coordinating with the Industrial Relations Officer for capital/ contractor projects for the fair and equitable distribution of work for skilled and unskilled persons from the neighbouring communities to the operating locations.
- Assisting with the peaceful resolution and prevention of conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
- Efficient administration and implementation of community projects.
Qualifications & Experience
To be considered the incumbent must have:-
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Social Work or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in social work/ community development;
- Strong conflict resolution skills and project management;
- Experience in the bauxite/alumina sector or community relations would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.