The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Community Relations Officer - (North East Region)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Community Relations Officer - (North East Region) in the Communication and Customer Service Department.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Mass Communication, English or General Arts
- A minimum of three years related experience.
- Ability to draft speeches, prepare reports and make presentations.
- Ability to design information pamphlets and draft releases for maximum effectiveness.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to gain cooperation through persuasive dialogue and representations.
Report to: Communication & Customer Services Manager
HIGHLIGHT OF JOB FUNCTION:
- Plans and implements community relations programmes within the region, designed to create and maintain a favourable public image of the Agency.
- Prepares and communicate information designed to keep the community informed about the Region's programmes, achievements or points of view.
- Arranges meetings and make presentations on the Agency regarding policies and programmes to various organized groups and provides feed-back to the regional management team, as well as corporate office on customer concerns and suggestions.
- Monitors the media's response to the Agency's policies and programmes and prepares responses.
- Ensures the resolution of all customer complaints received by the department.
- Seeks information and writes articles for employees' newsletter and coordinate the regions contributions to the Agency's Magazine.
- Interfaces regularly with the Communication and Customer Services Department relating to activities in the region and to ensure consistent approaches and to provide ongoing evaluation of the communication programmes.
- Assists the Communication and Customer Services Department in planning and implementing corporate events being held in the region and represents the Agency in community projects, public and social events.