The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Comprehensive Support to the Transport Division - Defined Term Contractual (DTC)
Job SummaryThe objective of the consultancy is to provide specialized technical support to TSP in the analysis, conceptual development, preparation and execution of loan operations and technical cooperation
Objectives of the Consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to provide specialized technical support to TSP in the analysis, conceptual development, preparation and execution of loan operations and technical cooperation, as well as in knowledge development activities and sector studies, through the elaboration of specific technical-analytical products to be defined by the TSP team.
Likewise, the contractual is intended to support the study and detailed analysis of the consulting products that will determine the prefeasibility and feasibility of the projects under preparation, including technical, operational, economic, financial, environmental, legal, and group participation issues of work corresponding to the projects in which it is involved.
In general terms, the main activities to be developed by the contractual within the framework of this contract are:
- Strategic sector action documents. The preparation of policy and sectorial documents may be required. These documents serve to define the actions of TSP in the transport sector in each of the Bank's client countries during a given period, and which in turn serve as input for the preparation of the respective Country Strategies and Country Program Documents elaborated by the Bank. Both policy and sectorial comprehensive documents that contain, as a minimum, the following sections: (i) description of the current situation of the sector and mapping of the main institutional actors; (ii) identification of the main challenges and needs of the sector; (iii) analysis of the priorities defined by the national government and its relationship with the Bank's strategic lines of action for the sector; (iv) specific definition of the Bank's strategy for the transportation sector in the country, detailing specific actions in each sub-sector; and (v) definition of a results framework, designating specific indicators to monitor progress in each work area and the specific goals that each of them should aim to achieve.
Preparation of Loan Operations or Technical Cooperation. In order to contribute to the Project Teams in the preparation of loan or technical cooperation operations, the following may be required:
- Sector analysis. Analysis of the sectoral framework in the country, including but not limited to the structure and institutional capacity, review of historical results and projections of the investment plan of the sector, based on information provided by the corresponding Ministry and in calculations and own calculations.
- Economic analysis. Economic evaluation of the programs, based on the available information and own studies, with an opinion on the economic and social profitability of the project, indicating the minimum cost analyzes, the assumptions of investment and maintenance costs, the economic and social benefits, and their costs, including the assumptions used to estimate them (traffic, vehicular operation costs, travel times, etc.), sensitivity analysis to the critical variables of the evaluation.
- Impact on development. Study of the evaluation of the Impacts on development, including the review of the conceptualization of the impacts generated by the operation, the analysis of the corresponding indicators, preparation of the logical framework, definition of the baseline and the expected results for the indicators of the logic frame.
- Design of the operation. Support the team in the conceptual design of the operation, through: (i) the development of strategic technical reports, which identify key areas of action and related intervention strategies, analyze the best international practices associated with the operation in question, etc. ; and (ii) accompanying the Bank's missions to provide support in negotiations and technical discussions relevant to the operations, make presentations on best practices and other relevant issues to clients and other key stakeholders, define the specific objectives of the operation, their components, and the strategy for their preparation, including the analysis of the human and budgetary resources required.
- Project documents. The contractual will contribute to the drafting of the Project Profile (PP) and the Development Proposal for the Operation (POD), and in the preparation of the corresponding annexes: Development Effectiveness Matrix, Preparation and Resources Schedule, Results Framework, Procurement Plan, Annual Operative Plan, Monitoring and Evaluation Arrangements, Economic Evaluation Report, etc. Likewise, it will contribute to the drafting of the Technical Cooperation Summary (SCT), and the Technical Cooperation Document (DCT), among others.
Knowledge generation and training activities. Contractual support may also be required for the knowledge development and training activities carried out by the TSP within the framework of the five initiatives mentioned above, including, among others:
- Preparation of articles, technical notes, book chapters, or any other similar product studying topics of interest and relevance on transportation in the region.
- Dissemination of courses to the personnel of the Division or its clients in the region on topics of strategic interest.
- Presentations at Transportation Week, staff meetings, or any other TSP internal event.
- Preparation and presentation of papers to represent the Bank in academic forums or the construction and transport associations.
- Designing and executing methodologies for research on sectoral issues of great interest to the Bank.
Execution of operations. The execution of loan and technical cooperation operations may also require contractual support, in strategic aspects such as:
- Preparation of budgets and terms of reference for the contracting of specialized consulting services, the analysis of proposals, and the subsequent negotiation of the corresponding contracts.
- Coordination and quality control of the reports and other products that these, once contracted, deliver to the Bank and its clients.
- Conducting technical audits on the development of works or any activity associated with the execution of operations.
- Accompanying general analysis of the efficiency in the execution of the Bank's sector portfolio in any country, and the approach of strategies to improve its performance;
o and the design and implementation of systems for monitoring and monitoring the execution of works financed by loan operations.
Reports / Deliverables
The products to be delivered by the contractual will be defined during the consultancy. These will include: policy notes, technical notes, economic evaluations of projects, analysis of institutional capacity, sections of internal Bank documents (PPs, PODs, etc.), terms of reference, coordination reports, audits, articles, book chapters, presentations, or any other type of agreed technical-analytical document.
• All these products will be delivered electronically: reports in Microsoft Word, spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and presentations in Microsoft Power Point.
• Missions will be made according to the Bank's policy, and previously agreed with the supervising specialist.
• Degree / Academic Level & Years of Professional Experience: Master's degree or equivalent, minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience; preferably civil engineer, environmental or economist, with experience in infrastructure works in multilateral.
• Languages: You must master the English and Spanish languages.
• Skills: Effective ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, and write clearly and concisely.
• Category and type of contract: Defined Term Contractual, monthly
• Contract duration: 19 months
• Place of work: Country Office Trinidad and Tobago
• Responsible person: Division Chief Transport, INE / TSP.
Visa and work permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded.
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractual, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants, and persons of indigenous origins to apply.