The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Consultant Dental Surgeon (HPC/DS4), Clarendon Health Department
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Consultant Dental Surgeon (HPC/DS4), Clarendon Health Department.
Reporting to the Regional Dental Director (RDD), the Consultant Dental Surgeon is responsible for providing expert advice and assistance to the office of the RDD in oral health services planning, organizing, developing and directing of operations in the Region.
Qualification and Experience:
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry or its equivalent
- Postgraduate training in a Dental Specialty, plus
- Four (4) years experience in area of Specialty
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Sound knowledge of the National Health Policy
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, theories and techniques related to oral health
- Knowledge of the Dental Act and Regulations
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
Key Responsibilities include:
- Playing a key role in the provision and delivery of service which involves advice, treatment, treatment in conjunction with the referring practitioner and second opinions.
- Playing a key role in the education and training of all dental professionals. In particular in the education/training and clinical supervision of groups of hospital junior colleagues.
- Being a professional leader to primary health care and dental specialists in delivery of Oral Health Services.
- Working towards developing an “Integrated Oral Disease Prevention Modality and a clinical care network to improve the effectiveness and delivery of oral health care.
- Promoting the awareness of Oral Health Care in the wider arena nationally and its importance in the context of quality led patient care
- Ensuring that clinical guidelines established by the Ministry of Health are implemented and acted upon.
- Acting as an advocate for patients to ensure that their oral health needs are adequately met.
- Working with managers and finance teams to develop and deliver cost effective strategies for the provision and delivery of oral health care.