The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the activities to be carried out the framework of USAID-funded community stabilization project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Programme Engineer in developing scopes of work, schedules, and cost estimates for professional design services.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications and drawings (Autocad) for construction and repair projects.
- Use AutoCAD to review drawings; draft plans and details; and modify existing AutoCAD drawings.
- Draft Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plans (EMMP) for submission and validation by USAID
- Assist in providing adequate oversight, inspection, and quality assurance and control in all projects often requiring complex logistical planning and creative use of resources to maximize time and transport resources.
- Prepare all documentation required for tender/procurement packages including BoQs and liaise with IOM’s Procurement Unit to ensure timely processing of the unit’s procurement requirements
- Review construction layouts and check installations, locations and grades/inverts using reference points and benchmarks.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited academic institutionor a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in civil engineering, water/sewer and roadworks as well as construction contract management;
- Experience with USAID-funded community stabilization projects is desirable;
- Working knowledge of AutoCad required;
- Proven capacity to write Environmental Mitigation Plans.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.