The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Consultant Oncologist at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides consultations for all new clients which may be on an in-patient or out-patient basis
- Prescribes and monitors courses of chemotherapy, intravenous or oral and conducts long-term follow up post-chemotherapy. Also arranges overseas transfer for clients requiring radiotherapy or other services not available in Bermuda
- Being available daily, including weekends to provide telephone advice or on-site review of hospitalized clients
- Liaises with GPs regarding treatment plans at outset, and keeps them apprised of changes as they occur, as well as liaising with PALS nurses on a daily basis to discuss problems encountered during home visits. Provides prescription renewals
- Arranges and is present at family conferences for critically and/or terminally ill clients
- Organises Tumour Board Conferences, including case selection and determining materials needed for presentation etc.
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified Oncologist
- Current Specialist qualification as an Oncologist
- Successful completion of a management course preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Oncologist, 3 years of which should be management experience in a Hospital-based Oncology Service