The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Consultant - Organization of Health Services / Hospital Management and Financing
Job SummaryThe consultant will provide expertise in Implementation of project strategies with regard to the organization of health services, hospital management and health system financing, including results-based funding, throughout its duration.
The Consultant whose services have been retained to fulfill this mandate is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to:
- Ensure the development and operational implementation of project activities in relation to strengthening the capacity of institutions and the health system to organize health services and finance the health system, including results-based funding.
- Support the development of annual project plans and reports for the relevant sections.
- To monitor the implementation of the activities in the sectors concerned and to monitor the results achieved in order to make proposals for readjustment if necessary.
- Ensure that all documents, strategies and activities developed within the scope of the project are in line with PAHO / WHO's mandate, resolutions, strategies and policies.
- To serve as an interface with the MSPP in the operationalization of the strategies that concern it within the framework of the Project.
- Cooperate with technical bodies working at PAHO / WHO headquarters for better coordination and synergy of efforts and implementation of strategies and policies developed by member countries.
- Participate in project coordination meetings and thereby contribute to reflections on the overall project and the achievement of results.
- Establish regular relations with project partners in the sectors concerned and regularly carry out monitoring and monitoring visits in the field.
- Performs any other tasks necessary for the fulfillment of its mandate and the achievement of project results
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in a field related to a health or social sciences profession and a master's degree from a recognized university in health services management, hospital management, health financing, public health or any other related field.
- Nine years of national and international experience in program management in the field of health services organization, hospital management and health system financing. At least five of these years should be linked to the development of strategies, tools and standards.
- Experience in different and complex cultural contexts, as in Haiti, is desirable.
- Recognized expertise in the organization of health services and the financing of the health system, including results-based funding.
- Knowledge and experience of PAHO / WHO policies, standards, rules and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the Haitian health system, its functioning and its actors.
- Expertise in the formulation and development of tools for training, monitoring and evaluation of strategies for organizing health services, hospital management and financing of the health system, including results-based funding.
- Ability to work as a team and develop consensus
- Very good oral and written communication skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations and strategic documents.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in French. A knowledge of English and / or Spanish would be an asset.
- Computer skills and use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook. Other skills and knowledge in other software such as Visio and Project are considered an asset.
Duration: Initial contract of three months, renewable over a period determined according to the evaluation of the results achieved.
Location: The contract will be in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. It involves regular movement on the ground.