The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for experienced and suitably qualified Contract Draftsmen to join the Capital Expenditure team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Engineering Superintendent this position is accountable for:
- Performing complex professional drafting assignments inclusive of layout and installation details required for the successful review and implementation of projects;
- Operating a Computer Aided Design (CAD) workstation for the production of engineering drawings, diagrams, charts and bill of materials;
- Developing information for engineering work packages, inclusive of Bill of Materials and Bar Schedules;
- Revising drawings to reflect design reviews and field changes;
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design and project teams to deliver the best-engineered projects;
- Preparing man-hour estimates for 3-D modeling and 2-D drawing extraction or generation;
- Providing timely, accurate and complete information to Planner/ Scheduler for assigned drafting projects.
Qualification & Experience
To be considered you must have:
- An Associate Degree in Drafting or equivalent technical competence.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in heavy brown-field;
- Demonstrated track record in meeting or exceeding design/ drawing objectives
- Ability to manage multiple assignments operating concurrently with varying priorities to work on own initiative;
- Competent in the use and application of applicable CAD software;
- Ability to identify and work with key management stakeholders to deliver the location business plan.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills;
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.