The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Coordinator- Revenue Protection
Job SummaryG.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Coordinator, within the Revenue Protection Department – Sheriff Street.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the incumbent will lead the staff and manage the assets and activities of the Compliance (Complaint, Street Light Audit, Theft Response, and Case Management) Section while complying with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and GPL’s Performance System (PMS).
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the Compliance Section to ensure efficient and optimal use of all resources
- Monitor the verification of all submitted illegalities to ensure that they are supported by the required information and evidence before accounts are back billed.
- Accurately prepare back billing recommendations for accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure back billing recommendations are updated correctly/accurately.
- Monitor back billed accounts to ensure all departmental processes are completed.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Field Investigators to ensure efficient and optimal use of all resources inclusive of transportation, radio communication equipment, instruments and tools and account for all equipment and material issued.
- Compile information necessary for litigation and appear in court on behalf of the Guyana Power and Light Inc., as may be warranted from time to time.
- Prepare monthly reports and represent the department at meetings.
- Ensure that the Safety and Health regulations are adhered to all times.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Be responsible for the supervision, training and attendance to the day to day administrative needs of all subordinate staff, as well as operational requirements.
- Liaise with Commercial Officer and Supervisors on assignments.
- Ensure that the standard Line Practice Codes and Safety Rules of the Company are adhered to and maintained.
- Compile information necessary for litigation and appear in court on behalf of the Guyana Power and Light Inc., as may be warranted for time to time.
- Team Leader
- Decision Making,
- Results Oriented,
- Creativity and Innovation
- Leading & Developing Others
Functional /Technical Competencies
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
- Flexible and possess the ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Be conversant with the Safety Act and GPL Safety Handbook
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Conversant with GPL Performance Management System (PMS)