The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Corporate Communications Manager
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Corporate Communications Manager Corporate Communications Unit, Office of the Director General
Under the supervision of the Director General, the Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for managing the Corporate Communications Unit and its functions, including the planning, development and implementation of the internal and external communications and public relations programme to promote and enhance the public image and corporate identity of the Institute.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent qualification
- Five (5) years professional /Senior level experience in Public Relations/Communications (preferably in a public sector organization)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) Training
STATIN – CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and environmental Awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
STATIN – MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES
- Leadership Skills
- Planning and Organizing for Results
- Vision and Strategic Direction
- Managing External Relations
Professional Knowledge Extensive Knowledge of:
- Corporate Communications practices (including public relations, media relations community relations, use of social media, event planning)
- The Institute’s programmes, products and services (including publication standards, release schedules and dissemination standards)
- Functions and Operations of the Corporate Communications Unit (including Library operations) and organizational relationships.
- The provisions of applicable legislation and regulations governing Government Communications.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems.
Summary of Duties
- Manages the internal and external corporate communications and public relations programme to effectively promote and enhance the public image and corporate identity of the Institute.
- Collaborates with the Director General in the planning, development and implementation of the work programme of the Corporate Communications Unit.
- Provides technical guidance and supervision to the professional and support staff in the execution of the Unit’s work programme.
- Develops and implements an annual Corporate Communications Plan to define objectives, methods and target audience.
- Monitors the Institute’s established internal communication channels to ensure their effectiveness.
- Drafts, edits or provides substantive inputs for speeches/presentations to be delivered at public events by the Director General, Deputy Director General or any other designated spokesperson.
- Manages media relations including selecting the most effective print or electronic media to best address information/communication needs and reach target groups/communities.
- Manages the Institute’s nationwide public education outreach programme by identifying and advising on opportunities for the Director General, the Deputy Director General, Directors and other designated spokespersons/subject matter experts to make presentations on the Institute’s Programmes, products and services.
- Secures media coverage by arranging media interviews; press briefings; press conferences; product/project launches; and drafting and distributing press releases and press kits.
- Responds directly, in the capacity of designated spokesperson or routes media enquiries and requests for information and interviews to the Director General, Deputy Director General or subject matter Director for response.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the editorial direction, graphics design, layout and production of the Institute’s statistical publications and communications and public relations materials.
- Monitors the maintenance of the institute’s website, social media pages and intranet, including the editorial content and visual design presentation.
- Monitors the Unit’s coordination of the organization’s response to requests for published and unpublished statistical data/information from local, regional and international clients.
- Plans and coordinates all advertising/publicity campaigns to create public awareness and cooperation for initiatives including the Population and Housing Census, the Census of Agriculture and other surveys/projects.
- Plans and coordinates public events hosted by the Institute including statistical conferences; workshops; seminars; exhibitions/expositions; as well as major staff functions such as the Annual General Staff Meeting, Long Service/Recognition Awards etc.
- Provides general oversight for the operations of the Institute’s Library.
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices and trends in Corporate Communications and Public Relations and implements as appropriate.
- Performs Administrative and Human Resource Management functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.