The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Country Finance Manager
Job SummaryACTED invites applications for the posts of Country Finance Manager on a 12 months contractual basis.
1. Accounting and cash
management 1.1 Accounting management-supervise the accounting cycle for the mission
a) Enter in time and with precise data the entries in the cash register, the bank account following SAGA and the standard descriptions defined in the ACTED Global Financial Procedures Manual.
b) Check and coordinate the monthly compilation of the accounts of each zone
c) Supervise cash and financial balance by checking the procedures when closing the monthly accounts.
d) Communicate accounts monthly at headquarters, respecting SAGA procedures and deadlines in line with the monthly accounting agenda as well as ACTED's financial procedures.
e) Manage the presentation, circulation, filling of purchase orders and archiving of accounting and financial documents in accordance with the FLAT and Finance procedures (keep up-to-date filling tracking: A8.01_Red Cell Game); Check on a random basis, the quality and compliance of documents from areas when they are centralized.
f) Oversee the half-yearly and annual accounting closings in both the general and analytical accounting aspects (V1 and V2)
1.2 Cash management -provide smooth cash flow control and management
a) Ensure fair procedures for the selection of cash and cash equivalents banks, open / close bank accounts under the authority of the CEO
b) Supervise the management of bank accounts: control, monitor and ensure that the flows are correctly transcribed (advances, transfers etc ...) check balances and receipts, visas authorized; Get back to headquarters via A1_PRATIC reporting tools;
c) Supervise the management of savings and cash: available amount, balances, security instructions;
d) Evaluate the monthly cash requirements for projects and areas, complete and share the A4.01_Cash Request form on the fifteenth day of each month.
e) Manage cash transfers, cash transfers to the zones and amounts in circulation, while defining the payment procedures (bank transfers, checks, cash etc ...)
f) Ensure that donors are billed on time and sent back via A4.04_ATROCE, in accordance with the good practices described in the MIAHOU plan.
2. Commitment of Expenditure, Budget Control, & Financial Management
2.1 Commitment of Expenditure - Ensuring Budget Availability and Compliance with ACTED and Donor Procedures Prior to Payment Orders
a) Collect visas from members of the Authorized staff, set up the commitment ceilings in local currencies, define payment methods and deadlines;
b) Before committing / paying an expense check the authorization levels, availability of the budget, the budget line on which the expenditure is to be made, ensuring full compliance with the procedures of ACTED and Donors:
- In close coordination with the Country Logistics Manager (CLM) or equivalent, negotiate the terms of the contracts including the schedule of payments & tax obligations; ensure that purchase procedures are followed,; track commitments and payments via the A7.02_Contract Follow-Up (CFU) tool; ensure control of financial points, compliance, budget during purchasing committee meetings; check consistency between purchase orders, offers / orders, purchase orders, tender documents, procurement documents, contracts, invoices, receipts, service certificates made ; verify the legitimacy of the receiver to cash the payment.
- In close coordination with the Administration team, ensure that staff contracts are in line with ACTED's standard salary grid, budget availability, and regulations; propose salary revisions based on benchmarking, country legislation and budget constraints; check and validate the pay every 25th of the month.
- Check the accuracy and conformity of the accounting documents of the partners before payment.
2.2 Project budget monitoring, mission cost control, internal and external audits-anticipate and mitigate financial risks by ensuring that operations are conducted in a compliant and efficient manner
a) Manage budget tracking (A7.01 ) and the consolidation process via the Allocation Tables (A5).
b) Analyze and rectify the differences between planned budgets and actual expenditures; comply with the flexibility rule;
c) Anticipate financial risks, present updated budgets and risk mitigation proposals during FLAT meetings
d) Analyze and report monthly operating, fleet and communication costs for each area
e) Prevent and do report any financial or operational loss (A6.01ACT follow-up).
f) Submit to Headquarters all annexes to the internal financial reporting tools (TITANIC) on the 15th of each month.
g) Follow the end of activity forms for the international staff and ensure that they are sent to headquarters once validated.
h) Take the lead in the preparation of the external audit in support of the country compliance teams if they exist; participate in opening and closing meetings, contribute to the responses to audit reports, plans for implementation of recommendations.
3. Management of the financial cycle of the project
3.1 Elaborate the budgets of the projects and the reports - to make sure of the financial feasibility of the projects, respecting the rules of ACTED and the donors, as well as the deadlines
a) Collect information from relevant departments to consolidate project proposal budgets in line with project / mission needs and donor constraints; propose a suitable program and support mission budgets including investment plans closely linked to country coordination.
b) Verify and negotiate the terms of the grant contracts before signature (payment and financial reporting calendar, use of the central treasury management systems of the head office, etc.)
c) Plan, consolidate, draft & cross-check with the area development department the financial reports when requested (ad hoc, mid-term, and final), respecting contractual deadlines and flexibility rules, eligibility, periods of liquidation etc ...
d) Monitoring the payments of the donors and the closing of the financial projects (contractual liquidation)
4. Team management and other tasks
a) Update the organization chart and terms of reference of the finance and administration reports (if feasible) in line with the development of the mission
b) Supervise the team, plan and lead recruitment of finance staff, conducting evaluations, monitoring career management, identifying potential staff and contributing to ACTED's internal mobility policy; ensure the training and upgrading of the members of ACTED's finance team and partners in order to raise the level of technical skills and skills.
c) Promote the activation of strong & structured links with all teams (especially logistics and DPs); represent ACTED in a networked financial and administrative work at the country level;
d) Improve the flow of information within the department and with other departments
e) Plan field control missions
f) Perform any other activity requested by the immediate manager.
- Master's degree in Finance or other subject related to the mission
- 3 years of experience in financial management, preferably on major development programs
- Excellent financial and analytical
- skills Excellent writing and communication skills for the entire reporting, reporting
- Ability to manage teams
- Ability to evaluate the financial skills of the staff and to train them.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment and to be flexible
- Knowledge of the area of ??assignment is a plus
- Total control of the Pack Office
- Salary defined according to the salary scale ACTED
- Allowance of living expenses of 300 USD
- Housing and food supported by ACTED: Accommodation in guesthouse or housing allowance (according to the duration of the contract and the country)
- Airline tickets taken supported by ACTED
- Social security, mutual and repatriation supported by ACTED