The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Criminal Justice Advisor
Job SummaryThe Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks Criminal Justice Advisor for a project focused on strengthening the criminal justice system of a OAS Member State from Central America and/or the Caribbean.
This 2-year program will involve working closely with the police, prosecutors, judiciary and other relevant stakeholders. The Criminal Justice Advisor will serve as a technical lead on project activities related to this sub-area of expertise and will collaborate closely with other project team members and government staff. The position reports to the Chief of Party, based in Washington, DC.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide a strategy on further developing Criminal Justice initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the courts and to move the cases through the judicial system more expeditiously to lessen the court case backlog.
- Assist in developing ideas to reform the current case file management system, the prosecution, judicial processes, relevant legislation, prison management and rehabilitation programs, and other relevant areas of the justice sector.
- Provide training, advice, and mentoring to justice sector officials and judicial support staff to develop their respective capacities to process cases more efficiently and effectively.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Advanced Law Degree or Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, public policy, international development or related field of study; Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in justice reform
- Experience working in the common-law system required.
- Experience working with international development organizations strongly preferred.
- Experience working overseas strongly preferred.
- Experience serving as a trainer, supervisor or mentor required.
- Superior interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to work with a variety of counterparts, including cabinet-level officials.
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, and integrity.
- Proven success in managing technical and operational teams.
- Fluency in English is required.