The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Customer Service Representative
Job SummaryThe Customer Service Representative is the first point of contact for all customers and visitors and therefore has a significant responsibility for giving quality service, fostering good customer relations and facilitating customer retention.
- Handle all customer queries (face to face, via telephone, or email) and redirect as appropriate.
- Ensure all new customers complete Customer Information form and that all required information is captured.
- Ensure all sales orders are entered in the Sales Order log.
- Process Sales Order Process as soon as they are received and submit to Warehouse for delivery.
- Enter customer payments and generate receipt.
- Maintain invoice register.
- Carry out post-sales follow-up with customers and ensure any issues are resolved.
- Follow-up on all customer complaints, escalate where necessary, to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Carry out market research to determine market and competitor conditions.
- Establish relationships and work closely with customers.
- Introduce new products to customers and/or prospects.
- Provide information regarding new products and/or price changes.
- Prepare quotations and other customer correspondence as required.
Other Job-related Functions :
- Dispatch monthly customer statements.
- Assist with collection of receivables.
- Assist with coordination of various Company events such as trade shows and similar activities.
- Conduct other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Diploma or Certificate in Customer Service
- Customer service skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Sound product knowledge
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good listening skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Polite, tactful, diplomatic and respectful
- Good work ethic