The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryG.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Data Analyst, within the Revenue Protection Department – Sheriff Street.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the incumbent will lead the staff and manage the assets and activities of the Data Management Section effectively and efficiently. The Data Analyst will be responsible for the activities related to analysis of data relating the Revenue Protection Department, for example, meter investigations and test, AMI, Feeder Loss Profile, consumption, Maximum Demand metering.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the Data Management Section to ensure efficient and optimal use of all resources.
- Ensure data from the databases or electronic files are retrieved and maintained.
- Ensure regular backups of databases and files for data preservation.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection system, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques for investigation and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, monitor, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare monthly reports and represent the department at meetings.
- Ensure that the Safety and Health regulations are adhered to all times.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Be responsible for the supervision, training and attendance to the day to day administrative needs of all staff, as well as operational requirements.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Customer Service,
- Decision Making,
- Results Oriented,
- Creativity and Innovation
- Leading & Developing Others
Functional /Technical Competencies
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to use the CIS, Pre-paid juice, and TUNet software for data export and analysis
- Use of Microsoft Excel and Access and other data management and analysis software and tools
- Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System