The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Data Entry Assistant
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Data Entry Assistant, Office of Environmental Management and Mineral Resources
Under the guidance and general supervision of the Database Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Digitize documents into appropriate format for document management systems or databases
- Perform data quality control ensuring completeness, accuracy and relevance of data received.
- Perform daily checklist and of company data.
- Appropriately catalogue data to respond to requests for information and access to relevant files in a timely manner.
- Comply with local information security set in place, information assurance policies, principles and international standards and practices in the maintenance and oversight of the database.
- Verify data by comparing paper based data with corresponding electronic data.
- Perform data quality control, to ensure that electronic data complies with the organization’s requirements.
- Ensure data is appropriately catalogued and easily retrievable.
- Perform database backup for electronic data systems
- Perform archiving of obsolete data and ensure data storage capacity is optimized.
- Level 1 troubleshooting of all database systems performance and user issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work implies frequent interaction with staff within the OEMMR and other staff members of the Authority.
Results Expected: effectively deliver a wide range of data entry tasks ensuring that database systems are kept up to date and accurate. The data entry assistant is also expected to significantly contribute to maintaining an effective uptime of 99.99% for all database systems.
- Technical: Knowledge of database systems and maintaining high availability environments and a familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS) is required, an understanding of ITIL best practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to daily tasks.
- Professionalism – Knowledge of general office culture, policies and practices displayed in a corporate environment. Show pride in work and in achievements, thorough, and has keen eye for details. Demonstrate a high level of independence while being results driven.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and respond appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve goals; is willing to learn from others.
- Planning& Organizing: Identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; use time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients”; identify clients’ needs and match them to appropriate solutions; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meet timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keep abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seek to develop oneself professionally and personally; show willingness to learn from others; seek feedback to learn and improve.
- Technological Awareness: Keep abreast of available technology; show willingness to learn new technology.
- Qualifications: Completion of secondary school education is required. Experience in data entry and database administration or related area is desirable. Formal computer training an advantage. Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office. Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Languages: English. Fluency in either French and/or Spanish is an asset.
This position is a local recruitment post for Kingston, Jamaica