The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Data Entry Clerk II
Job SummaryThe Data Entry Clerk works in the Data Processing Unit (DPU) with responsibility for processing prospective student applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position of Data Entry Clerk II is required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Data entry – create and update student information system applicant records on system;
- Data checks - verify accuracy and completeness of data entered using manual and automated routines;
- Send out timely responses to applicants;
- Create and maintain effective filing systems for DPU;
- Create and maintain filing system for admissions applicants; create and maintain filing spaces for active and inactive files; assist with recycling of inactive files;
- Create and maintain individual files for applicants;
- Provide periodical reports as required by supervisor;
- Assist other areas within Recruitment and Admissions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workload;
- Strong oral & written communication skills with the ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to get along well with others;
- Ability to work overtime when the need arises;
- Must be computer literate (MS Excel, Word and Mail Merge process).
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Office Assistant’s Certificate OR approved equivalent AND five (5) years relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate Degree in Business Administration.