The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Data Entry Officer (MIS/IT 2)
Job SummaryThe Data Entry Officer (MIS/IT 2) is responsible for providing information, technology and administrative support to ensure that the Division's objectives are met.
- Plans, designs, implement physical data definitions, perform data conversions and loading and testing of databases;
- Maintains and updates databases;
- Prepares and records relevant reports;
- Types, records and stores documents;
- Compiles and distributes reports on the importation and exportation of animals, products and by-products of animal origin;
- Distributes report to relevant individuals.
- Assists in compiling and typing the Quarterly Operational/Strategic Plan and Budget;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Quality focus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of computerized and non-computerized recording techniques
- Good working knowledge of database design and management
- Good working knowledge of information generation and information system management techniques
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications
- Good time management skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC General (I, II or III) or GCE O’ Level (A, B, or C) subjects including English
- Language and Mathematics;
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology; Six (6) months on-the-job work experience.
Salary range $796,178 - $946,405 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.