The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Demi Chef De Partie Pastry
Job SummaryAs a Demi Chef de Partie Pastry, you will be assigned to assist the Executive Pastry Chef and Chef de Partie Pastry to produce the best pastry and desserts at sea to provide a superior cruise experience for our guests.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Always carries out production in assigned area / station according to Company recipes and picture presentation as directed by the Executive Pastry Chef / Chef de Partie Pastry.
- Supervises Pastry staff in assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Pastry Chef / Executive Chef.
- Always adheres to the daily production schedule under the direction of the Chief Pastry Chef or his/her representative as required by the itinerary and various outlets.
- Regularly seeks guidance from the Executive Pastry Chef / Executive Chef in executing production according to Princess’ recipes.
- Always practices batch cooking / preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) to eliminate waste.
- Demonstrates an ongoing understanding of the ingredient consumption required for daily production and always follows recipes to eliminate waste; always informs the Executive Pastry Chef when fluctuations occur.
- Must possess a formal qualification in Pastry arts from a recognized culinary training institution.
- Must have at least four years of pastry experience with at least one year experience as 1st Commis Pastry.
- Must have recent experience in high volume production and possess strong knowledge of Pastry arts.
- Must be well versed in U.S.P.H.S. regulations.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.