The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Dental Nurse (HTAC/DN1), Westmoreland Health Department
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Dental Nurse (HTAC/DN1), Westmoreland Health Department.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Dental Nurse for the Westmoreland Health Department. Reporting to the Parish Dental Auxiliary Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for providing comprehensive oral health care to children up to 18 years old
- Performing oral examinations and charting dental conditions.
- Cleaning and polishing teeth.
- Scaling of teeth to remove tartar and stains.
- Restoring primary and permanent teeth.
- Extracting deciduous teeth under local anaesthesia.
- Performing prophylactic treatment including fissure sealants and topical fluorides.
- Taking and processing diagnostic dental radiographs.
- Providing Oral Health Education.
- Diploma in Dental Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Current Registration with the Dental Council of Jamaica.
Specific knowledge required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management & report writing skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Dental Act and Regulations & the National Oral Health Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.