The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Departmental Nurse Manager (HPC/RN 4)
Job SummaryThe South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Departmental Nurse Manager (HPC/RN 4), Bustamante Hospital for Children.
Responsible for supervising, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the nursing service in more than one general patient care unit or one specialized care unit within primary, secondary and tertiary care facility.
- BScN General Nursing
- Certificate in Midwifery from an accredited school
- Certificate in Advance Management or equivalent
- Registration wit ht he Nursing Council of Jamaica as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.
- Minimum five (5) years professional education including nursing/hospital administration and four (4) years exclusive experience.
- Plan activities of department for daily, weekly and monthly implementation
- Prepared timetables, rosters, assignments to ensure coverage of the department based on the available numbers and levels of staff
- Coordinates departmental activities with those of other separtments/units
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Interpretss hospital policies
- Initiates departmental policies within the overall framework of hospitals/nursing policy
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.