The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Deputy Director reports directly to the Director of Public Information. The Deputy Director is responsible for strengthening support for the DPI.
Developing communications messages and strategies on priority issues, implementing and coordinating communications activities between the Department and the governmental bodies. Overlooking the departments to ensure a smooth flow of daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director with strategic planning and coordination of the department’s programs, activities, and budget (meet, sustain, maintain)
- Collaborate with Department’s Heads to plan and execute its daily functions
- Effectively oversee program and project implementation assigned by the Director
- Provide leadership and direction for the organisation’s staff
- Represent the Department at key stakeholders and partners events and meetings
- Prepare and submit required reports
- Manage the Department in the absence of the Director
- Contribute to the formulation of the Department’s overall strategies and policies by participating in various committees, preparing documents on policy issues
- Contribute to the overall management of the Department’s activities and operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director pertaining to the mission and goals of DPI
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administrations/Communications studies/Social Sciences or related field
- A minimum of three years experience