The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Deputy General Manager - Planning, Development and Project Management
Job SummaryThe Urban Development Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Deputy General Manager - Planning, Development and Project Management.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Deputy General Manager - Planning, Development and Project Management has overall responsibility to lead the Division in a coordinated and seamless approach in the development of comprehensive plans and design management and the delivery of projects related to these plans. The incumbent will also be responsible for establishing policies and objectives for the division and for providing the necessary feasibility, planning, quality assurance and portfolio management services across the Corporation that are aligned to its strategic vision and mission.
The incumbent will have responsibility for:
- Advising the General Manager, the Board of Directors and executive team on construction and development matters as they relate to achieving the corporate strategic goals and objectives.
- Coordinating the development of comprehensive plans and designs which will increase the revenue stream of the Corporation.
- Coordinating the integration of the Corporation's developmental plans with the relevant Government regulatory agencies.
- Reviewing project plans and proposals to determine resources required for successful attainment of goals.
- Convening general and special meetings with external agencies to agree on project requirements and progress.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- A Master's Degree in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Construction Management, Engineering or a Master's in Business Administration along with a first degree in any of the aforementioned disciplines
- Ten (10) years post qualification experience in managing major integrated development projects at a senior level
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in managing projects funded by international agencies/organizations
- Project management or equivalent qualification will be a distinct advantage.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Sound analytical ability and judgement
- Excellent human relations skills
- Ability to motivate staff and practice the art of delegation
- Demonstrated ability for organizing people to produce timely and pertinent reports as scheduled
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to mobilize internal and external inputs to achieve desired results
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to make rational, realistic, and sound decisions based on consideration of all facts.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.