The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Destination Sales Executive
Job SummaryThis is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class Caribbean resort, fresh off a complete renovation, as a Destination Sales Executive
This on-property position is responsible for increasing our closing rate by executing highly-successful site inspections in partnership with the remote sales team; be a consistent sales presence at the resort for clients while on-site; manage our group prospecting program and be the competition subject matter expert.
Specific duties include:
- Partner with remote group salespeople to conduct world-class site inspections and achieve higher close rates on holding prospects
- Provide a sales contact for clients on property for pre-planning meetings and the actual meeting program to ensure a continuing strong sales relationship
- Be available for walk-in site inspections
- Manages the resort’s Group Prospecting Program by using databases (ISAC, Cvent, Knowland, Marriott GSO) to support salespeople’s individual prospecting activity and achieve his/her own prospecting goals and ensure all is entered into ISAC.
- Participate in the Post-Event process and improve re-booking rates
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert resource for the sales team on island competition and other competitive destinations.
- Implements the brands service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Have a strong business and sales background and/or event planning experience with a proven record of execution
- Successful applicant will have a minimum of two years of experience in this position in a similar hotel/resort type setting, a degree is preferred, but will consider work experience
- Experienced working well in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task within specific time constraints
- This position requires working a flexible schedule of day and/or evening shifts including weekends and public holidays and on call at all times
- The applicant must meet the minimum requirements and must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, which is primarily used in the workplace.