The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Dialysis Nurse RN
Job SummaryHealth Solutions Inc. is in search of a Dialysis Nurse to provide patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation
- Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care is delivered.
- Effectively interact with patient and family, while maintaining standard professional nursing.
- Provide optimal customer service to patients and families.
- Performs surveillance and testing of dialysis water treatment equipment and dialysis water (such as chlorine, hardness, conductivity, water cultures) to ensure that these machines are operating within the parameters set in the facility's protocols.
- Set up machine and preparation of the delivery system, dialysate bath, and dialyzer and confirms that all mandatory alarm tests on the dialyzer and equipment are performed.
- Conducts pre-dialysis patient assessment including obtaining patient vital signs and assessing the patient’s vascular access, laboratory findings, and the patient’s general health
- Oversee the dialysis patient from start to finish
- Assesses, prepares, and cannulates a patient’s vascular access (including needle insertion in arterioveinous fistula or grafts for aseptic connection with dialysis equipment).
- Clean and dress temporary and permanent hemodialysis access site
- Monitor and identify irregular dialysis reactions, notify appropriate medical team members and address matter for resolution.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of dialysis laboratory tests and dialysis medications.
- Safely obtains laboratory specimens as ordered and performs routine tests
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of infection control and prevention of transmission of blood borne pathogens.
- Safely administer medication
- Understand the technical aspects of the hemodialysis machine functioning, set up, take down and troubleshooting and adhere to machine maintenances.
- Communication efficiently with colleagues, clinic manager and medical doctors.
- Teach patient and family on how to manage their illness, provide all necessary renal/medical education.
- Obtain medical inventory
- Understands legal consequences of nursing actions both immediate and long term
- Helps maintain neat and clean environment
- Promotes an environment of safety to minimize the risk of harm to patients and self
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Perform other positions-related duties as assigned
- Graduate from an RN program
- Current RN license in good standard with the state licensing board
- National Police clearance
- Recent Renal Dialysis experience (Min 2 years)
- Must be comfortable and able to attend to care for patients with Central venous catheter (CVC) and/or fistula/vascular access care
- Current CPR certification required
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday, including unexpected long days and mandatory overtime.
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
MUST contribute and promote teamwork to create a harmonious and constructive working relationship with all patients, families and staff by offering information, advice, and assistance in a positive, courteous, and cooperative manner.