The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Institute of Marine Affairs invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director is required to -
- Provide strategic and innovative leadership to position the IMA at the forefront of marine research, education, and outreach
- Perform administrative and fiscal responsibilities for the operation of the IMA
- Envision, devise and execute goals, objectives, and policies as directed by the Board of Governors and ensure efficient management of the organization
- Maintain a safe, supportive and inclusive work and educational environment
- Actively explore opportunities for local, regional and international sources for funding the research programme of the IMA
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A degree in Natural and/or Environmental Science with a postgraduate degree in Business Management or any closely related discipline
- The ability to provide innovative leadership and strategic direction to develop successful new programmes and roles for the IMA is critical
- Experience in leading and managing a medium-sized organization and knowledge of relevant government policy issues
- Documented achievement in coordinating complex programmes and supervising personnel with diverse roles are desired
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willingness to work collegially and collaboratively with colleagues and other institutions.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies and media interface, as well as experience in budget preparation and financial management