The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryEC2 Saba facilitates services to the schools for children with special needs and is currently looking for a social youth worker to join the team.
The EC2 team works with and for pupils of 3-24 years old who experience issues with behavior, learning, communication, physical, and/or social-emotional development. They can be enrolled in the Laura Linzey Daycare Center (LLDC), the Sacred Heart Primary School (SHS), the Saba Comprehensive School (SCS), or the Social Opportunity Pathway for Youngsters (SKJ). The total number of students on Saba is approximately 300.
When a school’s Care Coordinator requests our assistance, EC2 can:
- Offer ambulatory guidance to the teacher and possibly parents of a student with a specific need;
- Offer specialized, supportive activities to students with special needs during and after school;
- Facilitate professionalization of stakeholders within the school;
- Observe the student and give recommendations;
- Perform action-oriented diagnostics with practical tips for home and school;
- Support the parents at home;
- Give counseling to the student;
- Facilitate and demonstrate the shift from curriculum-centered to student-centered teaching /learning;
- Develop a guidance plan and progress report per term for each student in our care;
- Invite parents and care Coordinator to discuss the reports twice a year: in January and June.
EC2 Saba facilitates services to the schools for children with special needs and is currently looking for a social youth worker to join the team.
- associates degree (minimal)
- motivated self-starter
- team worker
- dedicated to students 4-23