The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Asset Management (SEG 4)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Director, Asset Management (SEG 4) in the Public Expenditure Policy & Co-ordination Division of this Ministry.
To manage the overall operations of the Asset Management Services Unit (AMSU), and to advise the Deputy Financial Secretary and other senior Ministry and Public Sector officials on policy matters relating to the Government’s assets.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- To provide expert Policy Advice and Documentation to the all relevant stakeholders;
- To oversee the effective management of the Fuel Procurement and Advance Card Operations;
- Conduct meetings and prepare outputs to bring the negotiation of contracts with the suppliers of fuel, and providers of processing services to satisfactory completion;
- Lead contractual negotiations with the Marketing Companies and designated service providers;
- Review and authenticate the records to ensure that proceeds received from auctions are brought to account, the relevant deductions made and the net amount over to Accountant General’s Department for miscellaneous Revenue;
- To provide efficient and effective management of designated government properties;
- Monitor inventory records, and conduct spot checks on physical stocks at BOS locations from time to time;
- Manage all auctions conducted by the BOS section of the ASMU. Review and approve the documentation relating to all disposals of GoJ assets.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities include:
- Sound knowledge of policies and procedures in relation to Asset Management;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act and other relevant legislation related to Asset Management;
- Expert knowledge of contract negotiation, property management, project management, and procedures documentation and development;
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills;
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc. Degree in Management Studies/ Business Administration / Public Administration or equivalent qualifications.
- Three (3) years related work experience at a supervisory level.
Salary: $2,593,142.00 - $3,082,431.00 per annum
Travelling: $1,341,624.00 per annum
We thank all for applying, however please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted