The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Corporate Services (GMG/SEG 3)
Job SummaryThe Jamaica National Heritage Trust invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to be assigned to the post of Director, Corporate Services (GMG/SEG 3).
The Director of Corporate Services oversees the organization through the development and maintenance of proper business practices, policies and procedures with respect to budgeting and financial management, administration/procurement as well as information and communication technology (ICT).
- Provide direction and leadership for the provision of quality, sustainable and effective corporate services.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of annual budget, working closely with stakeholders of Central Government. Utilize and adhere to GOJ’s regulations, staff orders, standards and policies.
- Prepare and monitor the Division’s Strategic/Corporate Plan, Operational Plan and Budget ensuring that output is achieved according to agreed and measurable targets.
- Ensures the dissemination of financial information to the Audit and Finance Sub-Committee to facilitate the process of decision making and policy formulation.
- Ensures that funds are utilized and recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Administration and Audit Act and other relevant legislations
- Direct the timely recording of financial data and the monthly preparation of financial statements while making sound decisions and plans to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- An excellent leader/manager, results oriented and strongly motivated.
- Excellent knowledge and application of the strategic planning process and able to deliver on time and within budget.
- Excellent knowledge of budget preparation and administration.
- Excellent negotiating, presentation, oral and written communication skills, with report writing
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management four (4) of which must be at a senior level.
- Knowledge or Experience in Human Resource Management would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.