The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Economic Affairs & Regional Integration
Job SummaryThe Organisation wishes to invite candidates with the requisite skills and competencies to apply for the position of Director in the Economic Affairs and Regional Integration Division.
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States is a regional grouping of ten member states established by the Treaty of Basseterre. The Organisation wishes to invite candidates with the requisite skills and competencies to apply for the position of Director in the Economic Affairs and Regional Integration Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director, Economic Affairs and Regional Integration is a key member of the Leadership Team and is accountable for the overall leadership and management of the Economic Affairs and Regional Integration Division. The Director of Economic Affairs and Regional Integration reports to the Director General and is guided by the Revised Treaty of Basseterre in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of this post.
The Director, Economic Affairs & Regional Integration is specifically tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Directing activities related to implementation of the Revised Treaty of Basseterre specifically as this relates to the establishment of the OECS economic union.
- Creating and implementing a robust strategy aligned to the OECS Strategic Priorities
- Setting and managing the work program of the Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division
- Leading and developing the team and resources of the Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division
- Leading, directing, and coordinating the Organisation’s research agenda on matters pertinent to the economic development of the OECS region.
Directing the work of the Organisation with respect to fostering overall economic development in the Member States and overseeing the implementation of the OECS Growth and Development strategy, the Director, Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division, will also be responsible for:
- Leading the work of the Organisation with respect to matters related to trade and trade policy, economic sectors and supporting macro-economic framework initiatives
- Directing and managing organisational initiatives aimed at encouraging private sector activity, strengthening public-private partnerships and the development of Pan OECS businesses
- Managing and deepening the engagement with Member States with respect to the areas of work of the Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division
- Representing the business of the Organisation in various fora
- Assisting with overall management of the Commission as a member of the leadership team.
- Contributing to the formulation and strategic orientation of interventions relevant to fostering sustainable and inclusive regional economic development with a high priority on synergies and coherence to national development plans.
- Participating in meetings of the OECS Organs and Development Partners, as well as engaging in the respective policy dialogues with key stakeholders on matters relating to economic growth and development in the OECS region.
- Collaborating with other team members of the Commission involved in other tasks that are related to or contribute to the advancement of the region’s socio-economic agenda.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Post Graduate Degree in Economics, Economic Development, Public Administration, Business Management, other relevant social sciences or related disciplines.
- At least 10 years proven experience in a senior leadership position.
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, creative, energetic, resourceful, results oriented individual with a solid operational understanding and knowledge of the Small Island Developing States and Small & Vulnerable Economies agenda in multi-lateral forum such as the WTO and Bretton’s Woods Institution’s among others.
- Experience in a research and /or economic development management oriented environment would be a vital consideration. S/he will have the ability to set and develop divisional strategies and assist in developing clear visions for the economic development of the OECS.
- Working experience with similar organisations, internationally or regionally, would be an asset.
OECS Core Competencies
The holder of the post should possess the following competencies:
- Drive with Purpose and Vision
- Create an Environment of Trust
- Builds Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae stating nationality, contact information of the present or most recent employer and two referees. Copies of relevant certificates should be submitted with applications.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.