The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Director, Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination at The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.
The Director serves as the key executive in the operation of the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination which is intended to facilitate and stimulate academic programming in the Creative Arts and to give impetus to the development of the arts in the wider Barbadian community and the Eastern Caribbean, as part of the Campus' developmental mandate. The Director will be responsible for the effective management of all aspects of the Centre's resources, activities and business operations to ensure that this vision is achieved.
Applicants for the post will preferably be artist in their own field with MFA or PhD or equivalent. A proven track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Drama & Theatre Arts
- Visual Arts
- Creative Writing
The Director's key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing strategic and operational plans and budgets for the Centre for consideration by the Centre's Advisory Board and oversees the implementation of these;
- Developing, coordinating, managing and implementing the approved programmes and policies of the Centre;
- Developing external relations/ outreach strategies together with campus and community partners in order to enhance the status and profile of the Centre within the University and externally;
- Negotiating contracts for use of Centre's facilities, subject to the approval of the Principal; and ensures contract compliance;
- Supervising the work of professional, technical and support staff of the Centre, and reviews their performance annually, in writing in such form as prescribed by the University.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by August 1, 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter.