The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Finance & Accounts (Level 5)
Job SummaryThe Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Director, Finance & Accounts (Level 5).
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Director Finance and Accounts manages the financial affairs of all departments divisions and agencies falling under the portfolio of the JCDC; provides financial advice for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Executive Management team; develops and maintains relevant financial systems to manage the Commission’s programmes, projects, services and Human Resource activities.
- Supervises the overall operations of the Finance and Accounts Division
- Provides financial information for and allocates financial resources to the divisions/units departments within the JCDC.
- Collaborates with the Planning Division in the development of the Commission’s corporate and operational plans.
- Supervises the preparation of the JCDC budget for all capital and recurrent expenditure in accordance with the operational goals and objectives and the Ministry of Finance’s guidelines.
- Prepares the operational plan, budget and work programmes for the Finance and Accounts Division.
- Prepares and monitors estimates of revenue, expenditure and cash flow for the Commission.
- Develops and maintains a Budgetary System in accordance with the Government’s policies and procedures for effective financial planning.
- Oversees and ensures that all contracts, financial transactions and monetary arrangements conducted on behalf of the organization adhere to government policies, are checked, verified, certified and authorized appropriately.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounts/Management Studies or similar discipline in Social Sciences /ACCA Level 2
- Five years experience in accounting or financial management at a senior management level
- Training in ACCPAC/Sage 300 ERP would be an asset
- Salary: $2,367,352.00 0 $2,814,038.00 per annum
- Full Upkeep : $707,448.00 per annum (Tax free allowance)
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.