The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director General (GMG/CTD), Hazardous Substances Regulatory Authority
Job SummaryThe Hazardous Substances Regulatory Authority invites suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Director General (GMG/CTD).
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Director General is responsible for the regulation of activities, practices, apparatuses and facilities involving ionizing radiation and nuclear technology, and for directing the technical activities of the operations of the Hazardous Substances Regulatory Authority (HSRA). The incumbent is also responsible to make recommendations to the Board concerning safety standards, regulatory practices and other related matters.
- Corporate/operational/strategic plans and budgets developed
- Annual performance reports for staff done
- Annual and quarterly reports produced
- Policy documents developed
- Disaster preparedness plan developed, implemented and monitored
- Staff needs identified and addressed
- Public awareness plan developed and implemented
- Technical advice provided
- Standards and guidelines established
- Competent, motivated, trained and informed staff
- Seminars, meetings, workshops and consultations coordinated/ attended
- Recommendations provided
- PhD/Masters in Natural Sciences or Radiation Physics/Biophysics or equivalent
- At least five (5) years’ experience dealing in matters relating to Radiation Protection and the Safety and Security of Radiation Sources
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in a scientific laboratory or and/or industrial high-risk facility or any other related experience
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in a management/ supervisory position.
Salary – $4,887,006-$5,809,114 per annum