- Exercising control, coordinating activities and strategically managing all functions of the Human Resource and Industrial Relations division.
- Developing, formulating and reviewing appropriate HRM & IR systems and procedures in accordance with approved policy guidelines.
- Consulting with the executive management on Ministry of Health and Western Regional Health Authority policy guidelines on the annual Human Resource Management objectives and develop the necessary strategies for their accomplishment.
- Ensuring that all approved HRM & IR systems and procedures are implemented within the Authority. This entails communication, follow up and training, periodic review of results and initiation of corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Monitoring indicators of the organizational climate and of management/staff relations and initiate or propose steps, as appropriate, to maintain or restore harmonious relations and a positive climate.
- Reviewing policies and practices and recommending implementation of an ongoing system to ensure adherence to Government of Jamaica Human Resource policies.
- Gives oversight and administers the WRHA performance management system, giving approval of increments and giving advice on the implementation of corrective strategies to enable improved performance.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team dealing with the collective bargaining process and communicates and monitors the implementation of agreements reached.
- Gives oversight and guidance to disciplinary matters; including the investigation of reported incidents and the authorization of recommendation for disciplinary actions.
- Prepares and manages the annual plan and budget for the HRM & IR Department and authorizes departmental expenditure in accordance with the approved budget.
- Participates as Secretary to the Board of Management Human Resource & Disciplinary Committee.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Sound knowledge of the Jamaican Labour Laws, Public Service Regulation, the Staff Orders, Labour Relations Code.
- Working knowledge of the National Health Services Act
- Sound knowledge of the strategic planning process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Excellent observational analytical and problem solving skills
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource :
- Managementor its equivalent would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.