The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, ICT and Records Management (MIS/IT 6)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of Director, ICT and Records Management (MIS/IT 6) in the Office of the Services Commissions (Central Government).
Under the general direction of the Director, Corporate and Special Services, the incumbent plans, co-ordinates and oversees the development, implementation, management and maintenance of a modern Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for the Office of the Services Commissions (OSC), based on the business plans/strategies of the Department and according to the Government of Jamaica policies.
Policy and Strategic Management:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Corporate/Operational Plan and Budget for the Office;
- Develops and implements the Annual Operational Plan and Budget for the Unit.
- Manages the operations of the Unit;
- Develops, implements and evaluates IT strategies/plans, policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision in accordance with Government regulations and in keeping with the organization’s objectives;
- Prepares and submits reports, position papers and other documents as required;
- Represents the OSC at local and international meetings, conferences and other fora as required.
- Develops, implements and manages Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Reviews requests for technology and makes recommendations, as appropriate, on alternative system options;
- Develops computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery;
- Facilitates the procurement of hardware/software on behalf of the Department, in accordance with the Government’s procurement procedures;
- Provides ICT policy direction and support services to Senior Management and Unit Heads, thereby planning and developing a variety of documents as required;
- Oversees the management of ICT through the access and utilization of information systems such as email, internet and in the networking of information technology for the different Units (Unit Heads);
- Ensures the management team is up to date and well educated on strategic Information Technology issues;
- Selects, develops, implements and supports new systems and technologies;
- Conducts post implementation reviews to ensure that benefits are achieved;
- Ensures proper documentation, storage and dissemination of information pertaining to ICT systems, policies, procedures , plans and projects;
- Formulates and implements an ICT acquisition strategy that ensures compliance with vendor licencing requirements, as well as Government of Jamaica’s procurement guidelines;
- Provides technical advice to the Chief Personnel Officer and other relevant personnel on ICT matters;
- Develops and maintains current and effective ICT training plans for the organization;
- Collaborates with the relevant personnel to develop a programme for the effective communication of the Department’s policies, programmes and projects to its stakeholders;
- Ensures that the organization’s website is current and accessible;
- Conducts primary and secondary research and analysis of ICT and informs how these tools can be utilized in maximizing the organization’s ICT effectiveness;
- Acts as resource person on selection panels service wide.
Human Resource Management:
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring, coaching and performance assessment.
- Ensures staff is aware of, and adheres to organizational policies and procedures;
- Ensures the effective utilization of staff in the team to maximize productivity and enhance personal development;
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Unit and recommends transfer, promotion, termination and leave in accordance with established Human Resource policies and procedures;
- Establishes and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Unit’s and Ministry’s goals;
- Ensures the welfare and developmental needs of direct reports are clearly identified and addressed.
- Leads/participates in internal and external cross-functional teams to represent the views and interests of the Office as required;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Broad-based knowledge of the future direction and use of ICT by Government and the Private Sectors
- Knowledge of the Government of Jamaica’s procurement procedures and Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Sound Human Resource/People Management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound personal and professional integrity
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent qualifications and training in current technology. A Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Project Management would be an asset;
- Six (6) years’ experience in the Information Technology field, including three (3) years’ experience at the management level.
Salary range $1,758,169 – $2,089,910 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.