The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations
Job SummaryThe Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations has overall responsibility for the communications and stakeholder management portfolio for the Bahamas Telecommunications Company Limited.
The candidate will ensure that all communications (internal/external) related to the business are executed with the highest quality and is aligned to the Corporate (Group) communications priorities. He/She will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communications initiatives to help advance the strategic direction and positioning of the BTC operations among its publics.
The Director will also work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BTC and the SVP Communications, C&W to provide guidance and focus to advance the specific communications goals of the operation. He/She will lead and manage the local communications team.
- Develop and executes the broad communications strategy for the operation including, internal communications, external and media relations, stakeholder engagement and CSR activities;
- Roll out communications initiatives in line with BTC’s strategic plan and annual operating plan, growth strategies; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences;
- Ensure the internal communications strategy is developed and aligned with the broad communications goals, people agenda and internal/external reputation management.
- Ensures BTC’s communication and messages adhere to the C&W overall communications goals and objectives;
- Manages and leads a team to develop strategic communications plans, tools and tactics to support BTCs business strategies and objectives;
- Along with the CEO, functions as the major spokesperson for media;
- Ensures that a strong media and stakeholder engagement plan is in place to help meet the business goals of both organizations;
- Develops and maintains relationships with external publics, inclusive of media personnel, regulatory officials and other key interest groups;
- Builds strong business relationships within BTC especially with the HR, T&I, CX and Sales and Marketing teams, and with the Company’s corporate teams, to ensure key internal communications priorities are developed and met;
- Actively identifies communications gaps and opportunities for the business and proposes and implements strategies and plans to address when necessary.
- Provides consulting and guidance to the leadership team on issues related to enhancing communications, building advocates, information sharing, tactics for buy-in for new business strategies;
- Manages the general operations of the Corporate Communications department including team management and project execution to facilitate the efficient execution of department functions
- Budget preparation, management, tracking and delivery of projects within stipulated budgets as it relates to the Communications portfolio;
- Prepares reports and analysis on the various activities within the department;
- Establish and measure key communications metrics that are aligned with business goals.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; or minimum of seven years in senior-level, Communications related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to design and develop Communications strategies to support business goals.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective at communicating and building trust with stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to think analytically and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to act with integrity in resolving issues and dealing with confidential matters.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented individual.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong, positive working relationships.
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to challenge decisions and facilitate change.
- Deep expertise in project management, communication strategies, advocacy, and management.
- Experience in communications program development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal ability.