The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
Job SummaryA vacancy exists within Bahamas Power and Light for a Director of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).
This job is responsible for leading all activities of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Department. It is responsible for developing the Company's strategic vision and goals designed to ensure employees' safety and environmental responsibilities.
The incumbent will achieve Company objectives by:
- Development and implementation of Health, Safety & Environmental objectives and standards;
- Providing visible engagement with operational teams to ensure awareness, education, advice and support to meet the requirements of
- the business' Health, Safety and Environmental plans and obligations; Providing functional leadership support to the Business Unit to optimize environmental activities;
- Leading the design and implementation of carbon reduction plans and improvement projects;
- Ensuring appropriate input to the lifecycle of relevant projects to confirm environmental expectations are defined and complied with;
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure environmental performance is adequately measured and objectives are met;
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure that the company's HSE Management Systems supports the delivery of Regulatory Compliance;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant applicable Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations;
- Developing, updating and maintaining Emergency Response Plans, Systems and Organization;
- Developing and ensuring delivery of HSE training programs;
- Development, managing and reporting KPIs;
- Ensuring incident investigations and root cause analysis are completed within established timelines and standards.
Job requirements include but not limited to:
- A Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Science or Engineering or equivalent qualifications;
- A minimum of 15+ years experience in Health, Safety, and Environmental Services including a minimum of 8-10 years at a senior management level;
- Strong investigative and analytical skills, good judgement and sound reasoning ability;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Excellent oral and writing skills;
- Strong managerial, supervisory and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
Only candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.